Beamly has come a long way since its inception in a London front room four years ago.
We now employ 120 passionate engineers, designers and editors in New York, London and Sydney, all working to take our product to the next level – and way beyond.
We have backing from some of the world’s biggest media giants – but we’ve never lost our start-up spirit, energy and lust for innovation. And that means our teams get to work and play at the bleeding edge of technology and media.
For more on job opportunities at Beamly, visit our LinkedIn.
The Product Management discipline is responsible for definition of user-facing products. The Product Manager guides the product roadmap through a combination of market analysis, user-centric design, internal direction, stakeholder management, feature prioritization, and feasibility analysis in collaboration with the engineering teams. They manage the product’s backlog and work closely with the engineering team to ensure that the most valuable features and changes are prioritised.
Business analysis and project management skills are considered part of the Product Management discipline.
- Define and develop a specific product strategy for a feature area of a product, based on the strategic vision for the division and relevant user and audience research.
- Originate or capture, analyse and document business requirements in form suitable for development, testing and editorial communities.
- Work directly with peers in the engineering team to ensure product changes are appropriated specified, discussed, estimated and planned prior to commencement.
- Foster effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including delivery partners and suppliers as well as peers and more senior internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the product, identifying and prioritising improvements and enhancements.
- Understand, agree and own a set of operation Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that measure the success of the product and your impact on that success.
- 1+ years previous experience in a media or technology organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ experience in use of one or more of: user-centric design; UML design tools; ; business analysis; data-driven product development
- Proven experience of software delivery in an agile development environment
- Ability to work in an self-directed way in an unstructured, fast-changing environment with rapid release cycles
- Ability to understand and apply industry knowledge, market awareness and strategic business goals to product strategy and planning
- Good understanding of the relevant technologies and engineering practices (e.g. client and server interaction patterns, web and app technologies and platforms, API design, and software engineering processes and practices).
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance (taxable benefit)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Birthday holiday
- Bike to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Vibrant central Covent Garden Location offices
- Free fruit, snacks, bagels and other food/drink
- Casual dress
Interested? Please forward your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org